Every year, usually at the beginning of the hockey season, the Anaheim Ducks hosts an event exclusive for Season Ticket Holders.
There’s many activities such as
– meet your favorite Ducks hockey players, coaches, and radio/ tv people
– skate on the same ice the players do,
– tour the locker room,
– tour the press box,
– purchase items at the Team Store (some items on sale for that night)
– sign up for the Fan Club
– meet the Power Players girls
– get a free souvenir photo
– sit on the zamboni
– sit in the player’s bench
– purchase signed hockey items from past players or past events (for charity)
– play street hockey with other fans in the kid zone
– or just enjoy the atmosphere of being with 1000’s of other season ticket holders.
Back in the day, the Ducks (when it was the Mighty Ducks) used to call it “Break the Ice” and the event was broken in 2 days. Probably due to budget, and the hockey player’s time commitment, its a one day event, and held in and outside the Honda Center.
Fans need to be patient, and can have only 1 item to be signed. Lines for the more popular player can take up to 1 1/2 hours, but for some fans, this is their only chance to meet their favorite hockey player. The less popular players have easier access, with wait times of 15-30 minutes.
|Waiting for the players to arrive|
|William Karlsson signing my jersey|
TIMELINE FOR THE EVENT:
5:30 p.m. – Doors Open
6:00 p.m. – On-Ice Skating Starts
– Ducks Player Autograph Session Starts
– Dressing Room Tour Starts
– Press Box Tour Starts
8:30 p.m. – Ducks Player Autograph Session Ends
– On-Ice Skating Ends
– Dressing Room Tour Ends
– Press Box Tour Ends
10:00 p.m. – Face-Off Fest Closes
Parking for this event was free, and they also had snacks like pizza, hummus, hot dogs, and popcorn available. I think this is a truly nice “perk” of being a season ticket holder. The event isn’t cheap to run, the players and staff take time out of their schedule to spend time with the fans, and best of all, they offer this to us for free.
Kudos to the Anaheim Ducks for doing this since Day 1.